It is widely published that water consumption is vitally important for all bodily functions. This is not surprising when our bodies are made up of about 60% water!
Our bodies have no way of storing water, so we need constant fresh supplies. We often don’t drink as much as we should and particularly when recovering from an injury or surgery we might not feel like drinking too much but we definitely need to!
- Water allows the blood stream to hydrate wounds, get rid of waste products and deliver vital nutrients
- Maintains the health and integrity of all our cells
- Moisturizes the skin
- Lubricates and cushions joints
Most adults lose 2.5-3.5 L of water every day!
Tips to increase your water intake:
- Always have a water bottle within easy reach
- Set yourself goals to consume an amount of water by a certain time of day
- Eat foods high in water content like cucumber or watermelon
- Add lemon or lime
- You can even download an app!
- Make drinking water a habit
mmm……all this talk of water is making me thirsty!